Green Group leader
Andy D'Agorne was first elected in 2003, and was joined by Dave Taylor in 2007 when Dave took over the seat of departing Green Councillor Mark Hill. Andy and Dave were joined by two more Green Councillors in the 2015 elections - Lars Kramm in Micklegate and Denise Craghill in Guildhall.
Dave Taylor was chosen by other Councillors to be the first Heritage Champion when the post was created in 2008. Andy D'Agorne was the city's Cycling Champion from May 2009. All the Champion roles were abolished in 2011 after Labour took control of the Council.
Denise is a member of the Health and Adult Social Care Policy and Scrutiny Committee.
Andy is vice-chair of the Economic Development and Transport Policy and Scrutiny Committee.
Lars is a member of the Member Support Steering Group, the Communities and Environment Policy and Scrutiny Committee and the Corporate and Scrutiny Management Policy and Scrutiny Committee.
Dave is Chair of the Learning and Culture Policy and Scrutiny Committee.
York Green Party Co-Chairs
Other officers of the party include:
- Bethan Vincent, Vice Chair
- Will Dyson, Treasurer and Assistant Campaign Coordinator: Distribution Management
- Jess Dixon, Membership and Minutes Secretary
- Jakob Fichert, Merran Toerien and Bethan Vincent, Press Officers
- Rosie Baker, Co-Policy Officer and Returning Officer
- Jake Furby, Equality & Diversity Officer and Co-Policy Officer